Ashland Track and Field Continues Successful Season

The Grizzly Boy’s Track and Field Team took second place at the Crater Classic (Photo Credit/Morgan Cottle)

Karl Moeglein, Reporter

Wyatt Thompson-Siporen continued his spectacular season, and Dominic Meads, Mel Elshalom, Chris Robinson and Ian Rinefort all placed when boy’s track and field took second place at the Crater Classic. On the girl’s side Sydney Norvell was victorious while both Hope Baldrica and Kelsey McKelvey got second to help the girl’s to a sixth place finish.

Thompson-Siporen won the discus, javelin and long jump along with a second place finish for the Grizzlies. The senior has become accustomed to winning this season, and he exceeded his personal best in the long jump and discus. Also setting a personal best was senior Chris Robinson, who won the shot put. Junior Mel Shalom captured second in the triple jump, junior Dominic Meads was second behind only Thompson-Siporen in the discus and freshman Ian Rinefort was third in the 800.

Three girls placed for the Grizzlies. Senior Sydney Norvell set a personal best in the pole vault to win. Her mark of 10 feet puts her in a tie for second place in the 5A division. Senior Hope Baldrica was second in the long jump while Kelsey McKelvey was second in the javelin.

Next up for Grizzly Track and Field is a dual meet at Crater on April 29.