A Great Place to Eat

Ashland High School’s very own cafeteria (Rogue News/Karl Moeglein)

While many Ashland High School students leave school daily to find their lunch in the jungle that is off campus, AHS has a fantastic option for food right here. Both the cafeteria and the snack bar offer delicious food for a good value.

Cafeteria manager Christina Lehman (Rogue News/Karl Moeglein)

When asked about the benefits of eating at the cafeteria, cafeteria manager Christina Lehman pointed out both the quality and quantity, as well as the aspect of healthy food. Here at AHS you get “a lot of food for $3.15.” Not only do you get an entree and a drink, but you also have access to the Bottomless Offering Bar (B.O.B.). B.O.B. allows you to go to the salad bar again and again with no additional fee.

The snack bar, which offers a variety of foods, is currently open through the school day, but that is about to change. From September 29 to October 8, the snack bar will stay open till 2:30. That means that after white days kids will have the option to get a snack before they leave for the day. If the experiment is successful snack bar hours will stay at this time and it is possible the snack bar will experiment with staying open late enough so Red Days are accommodated.

The snack bar will be open later September 29 through October 8 (Rogue News/Karl Moeglein

The most important thing to remember is that these new and wonderful changes will only stay if the students come. So come on out AHS and enjoy some snacks. Another thing to look out for is a bike raffle that will be coming soon

View Comments (1)