5 Ways To Get Along With Your Family Over The Holidays

Over the holidays life can get pretty hectic with all the decorations and baking going on. Too many things to do in such little time. A result of this is usually siblings fighting and  parents yelling. Here are some ways you can get along with your family during the holiday season.

1. Listen to each other.

Everyone has that little brother or sister who bugs them all the time, but chances are they simply want to get your attention. Being polite and listening to them will help them gain respect for you. Who knows, maybe they’ll come to an understanding and they’ll be closer than before.

2. Smile.

Sometimes all it takes is a smile to brighten someone’s day. Smiling at your family members will be appreciated during this stressful time.

1. Compliment one another.

You see your family quite a bit, but with all the rushing around you might forget to remind them how wonderful they are. Complimenting each other can be an easy way to get through the holidays in one piece.

1. Think before you speak.

When your family gets on your nerves and you say something snarky, it can kill the holiday spirit. Consider whether or not your words will be hurtful before you say them. Breathe for 5 seconds before you respond.

1. Tell them you love them.

This may sound corny, but it is true. Material is  temporary but family is forever. Even though they can be annoying or obnoxious at times they still love you.

The holiday season can be stressful and blissful all at the same time. These tips can help you get through the holidays without all the drama.