Enders Game

Enders+Game

enders game

For 28 years, millions of fans around the world have patiently waited for the worldwide bestseller “Enders Game” to become a movie.  The groundbreaking novel was a masterpiece of Sci-fi, aliens, military tactics, space, human psychology and politics. The book, set in the future, follows the harsh military training of a child genius destined to fight an alien race that nearly wiped them out before. The movie is set to come out November 1, with several well known actors in the cast

Ender Wiggin: Asa Butterfield (The Boy in Striped Pajamas, Hugo)

Colonel Graff: Harrison Ford (Star Wars, Indiana Jones)

Mazer Rackham: Ben Kingsley (Schindlers list, Shutter Island, Gandhi)

Valentine Wiggin: Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine, Zombieland)

Director: Gavin Hood  (X-men Origins)

Many aspects of the book were disturbing, and the PG-13 rating leads to believe that many of the most memorable scenes of the book will be edited out. Due to the advanced age of many of the actors, the story line will be forced to be changed to accommodate it.

The movie has a lot to live up to. The special effects need to be top notch in order to create a movie anything like the book. The artists had to spend thousands of hours to create the visuals needed for the battle room and the spaceship fights.

If an Ender’s fan watches the trailer, he or she is bound to have mixed feelings. The preview brings aspects of the movie to life that until now have only been alive in our imagination, but it obviously alters the story and the characters are different than in the book.

Regardless of the direction the movie takes it is bound to attract a crowd of both old and young to the cinemas.